Saturday, October 13, 2012

BEAUTY IS POWER OR DOES ANYTHING AT ALL FUCKING MATTER

BEAUTY IS POWER APPARENTLY.....

Beauty wins you every prize in the world apparently- love, desire, power, adoration, respect, money, basically any shining gold trophy that can be had in this world.  How fair is this - we go to school and are given lectures on how knowledge is power, we go out in the world and we are told money is power, we go to church and are told our faith and good deeds are power, but when it comes down to it - NO none of that seems to matter, it appears beauty is the actual cryptonite that defeats everything in its path.

Dial back 20 years - I had power, lots and lots of it.  I had men following my car at a glimpse, walking into walls, even once falling off a ladder.  I had women stating if I just looked like you my life would be perfect. I got every job I asked for because I "looked the part".   I hated it then, it was too much power and it scared the hell out of me.  I hated men hitting on me, I hated anyone that told me how beautiful I was, I hated anyone even looking in my direction.  These days though, I got a bit older, not a size 3 anymore, granted I still have attention but its not at all the raw power I had in those days.  What I would give for even an ounce of that these days.  Because these days I seem to get passed over, all of sudden rather than the world kissing up to me, I feel I have to beg for crumbs....OMG how much that sucks....

So what do I do - get mad I am begging for crumbs, feel like screaming well dont you know who the fuck I am, and then I glance in the mirror and it all comes back - oh yeah, damn guess not....

So yeah I am doing what any good ex power girl does, make sure the tiny strands of white sneaking in my hair are covered, use expensive cream on my eyes so I can pretend those 20 years didnt go by, starve myself on diets consisting mostly of water and broccoli, work out my aching limbs, try to find clothes that still make me pretty, and on and on and on......then what - I have 10 years maybe at most before even all that won't matter......

Motto of this fable - The older you get the more you can handle power and the faster it slips away....

No comments:

Post a Comment