Saturday, January 9, 2010

Maybe Julia Child did know what's up....

Okay so I got inspired today. I first read the book, Julie and Julia then this afternoon watched the movie. The movie inspired me more of Julia Child's life than it did Julie Powells but the book gave me the opposite inspiration, Julie Powell is one definite cool girl.

Anyway, I just happened to have a vintage copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking which is the book that Julie cooked and blogged out of. As I am sure a lot of people did, I just had to try it even though I had never previously even opened the cover of this book!

I took out the pork chops I defrosted for dinner this evening and looked up the section on pork chops. I decided to make the "basic recipe" - which I actually did and received raves from a 10 and 11 year old sons from! It did make me say mmmmm wow, as well! Totally easy too - just browned the pork chops in olive oil and minced garlic, then coated them with thyme, salt and pepper. I transferred them to a baking dish and then melted 2 tbs of butter in the pan I dumped the oil out of. I then poured this all over the pork chops in the baking pan, covered it in foil and baked it. I whisked together the remaining pan drippings with some left over new years champagne (hey all I had in the form of wine LOL) and drizzled over the pork chops. wow......these were like food is supposed to taste.....

No comments:

Post a Comment