Thursday, June 4, 2009

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme

http://www.googobits.com/articles/842-how-to-start-your-own-container-herb-garden.html

Are you going to Scarborough Fair: Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Remember me to one who lives there.

My latest golden coin is the growing of herbs. I have started container gardening and purchased every herb I could find. My mint came back from the dead as did my chives which grew so quickly they could have been related to Jack's magic beanstalk. I planted dill to make my mother's famous pickles and sweet basil to illuminate my Insalata Caprese. I also have exotically described herbs such as French Tarragon and Greek Oregano as well as others...

Every night around sunset I go to visit my garden and breathe in the one scent after another. I feel their leaves as if they were children checking their foreheads for a temperature and worrying over my basil which seems to have developed brown in it's leaves possibly due to some predator of the insect world and I gush over my rosemary which is hardy and thriving. The rosemary seems to suit me somehow as it is the herb of remembrance and I have been doing quite a lot these days. I remember the golden kaleidoscope that is childhood, the sparkling moments of my young adulthood, and the shimmering moments of milestones with my children.

Although I am not exactly ancient, I am feeling quite the opposite of youth these days. I tend to wonder if it the amount of past lives I have been through. I somehow know that this is not the last one, but it certainly was not the easiest. There is so much I have yet to experience or complete just in this one that I refused to be done even though the loopholes to end things presented themselves with startling regularity. I am not finished yet nor will I be for quite some time, but still the lure of the rosemary holds strong.....

No comments:

Post a Comment